Friday, November 27, 2009

The Countdown Begins ... Officially

Yes, we have picked a date. More on all of this process later. For now, just enjoy the not so nifty ticker on the right side of the page. I've been very excited about installing this since the countdown sort of began many months ago. I had some ideas of grandeur for the layout: shooting stars, exploding fireworks, maybe a champagne bottle uncorking. But alas, I am computer technology illiterate. It's taken me four frustrating internet sessions hunting down a "countdown plugin" that actually works, or more truthfully, that I can get to work. This is what I've come up with. Well, for now anyway, until I consult with either of my two future brother-in-laws. They are both (annoyingly) computer literate, like Shakespeare literate, and one of them is an artist. I'm sure the pedestrian, half-baked excuse for a countdown display is grating every esthetic sensibility in his soul right now. If I weren't so proud of the fact that there is an actual ticker in my blog that is ticking I'd be scowling at it too. But I'm not. In fact, I'm half convinced I see a golden glow around the damn thing - the sun shining on my tech-savvy moment.

1 comment:

  1. HA ha! Nice job patting yourself on the back before the blasted ticker even works! =)

    ReplyDelete